In tal caso le funzionalità del sito non sono disponibili.
Details of the calculations performed by the software
Calculation of the equation of the circumference given center and radius
The software determines the equation of the circumference of which the center and the radius are given using the circumference definition as a geometric place. Therefore, imposing the equality between the distance of a generic point from the center with the radius.
Calculation of the equation of the circumference through three points
The software determines the equation of the circumference passing through three given points using two distinct methods:
- Geometric Method: the center is determined by crossing two axes of the circumference and thus the radius as the distance between the center and any of the three given points. Then the equation of the circumference is calculated given the Center and the Radius.
- • Algebraic method: we apply the condition that the three points given belong to the general equation of the circumference. Then, the system obtained is solved which gives the three coefficients of the equation.
Input of the expressions
- The coordinates of the points are inserted as in the following example by separating the coordinates with the comma.
- There is no need to type in the round brackets to enclose the coordinates
- The coordinates of the points can contain letters because the literal calculation is also performed
- Equations (straight lines and conics) can be inserted either explicitly or implicitly
- In the equations you can not enter parameters so only the letters x and y must appear
- The product between two letters can be indicated with an asterisk symbol (*) or by leaving a space between the letters. If you write two or more letters consecutively, it is not interpreted as a product but as a “single variable (x * y = product between x and y, x y = product between x and y; xy = single variable called xy)